Monday, April 18, 2011

A Star Wars Valentines Day



This is a story I've been writing. I'll put it up in parts.



A Star Wars Valentines Day




Siri Tachi~

I'm walking down the halls of the Jedi Temple, it's morning, and I'm dreading every minute of this day. Valentines day. A Jedi's least favorite holiday. Well. At least MY least favorite. I flick my shoulder length blonde hair over my shoulder. Already, a group of boys have tried to give me lovey dovey cards and I've turned them all down. I'd only accept one if Obi-Wan gave it to me- No! I mentally smack my forehead, and recite the Jedi code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

I rush to my class. I know I'm late but maybe if I run I can make it. I turn a corner and zip past everyone. (Did you think she was going to run into Obi-Wan?) I open the classroom door and walk in. I shut it behind me and sigh, leaning against it. I check my chronometer. Yes, five seconds to spare. I dump my things onto my desk and sit down with a breezy sigh. The teacher, a Jedi master by the name of Qui-sa (Ka-why-Suh) Kentini (Ken-Tin-e) walks into the room, in her flowing blue robes and a shiny headdress. She turns and looks at the class with hard, yet sparkling light blue eyes.
“I would like you to start on chapter 14. I would like you to read the section about the Old Sith Wars. Which is on pages 110 to 790.” Well, Qui-sa is known for giving people a lot of reading. So I'm not surprised. Then I hear a bang and I give a jolt in my seat. I turn and look with the rest of the class. I see Obi-Wan Kenobi, walk in. His hair is a little frazzled and his tunic is a little dirty.
“May I ask, Kenobi,” Qui-sa says. “Why you have been missing and are now, completely covered in dirt. Or should I say you had a fight with a gundark.” Obi-Wan blushes. “Well, that's not exactly it...” “Oh really?” Qui-sa says. “Is that so? Would you care to explain?” Obi-Wan scratches the back of his head. “Well, I....” Qui-sa raises her black eyebrows. “I was in the hall...” “And?” “And I got tripped..” “And?” “So I got angry.” “And?” Obi-Wan relents and the story pours out. “Well, Bruck tripped me and called me oafy-wan. I was going to ignore him but he kept taunting me so I told him to koochoo.” Qui-sa's eyebrows arch higher. “Then he hit me and we got into a fight.” “And the dirt?” “We were in the room of a thousand fountains. He fell in the water, and that's when I realized I had a class. I ran here as fast as I could.” He splays his arms out. “So...here I am.” “Take your seat.” She says. “You will have to read the reading from the advanced Old Sith Wars series for punishment.” I see girl, one with flashy red hair. She turns to Obi-Wan. Her name is Carasui (Ca-ra-su-e) and she seems like she's about to speak to him. “You got off easy.” I hear someone say. Then I realize it's me. I bite the insides of my mouth and concentrate on keeping myself from blushing. “I did? I have to read over a thousand pages this week!” Obi-Wan says. “A thousand and ten.” Qui-sa says from the front. We cringe. “We'll talk later.” Obi-Wan whispers. “Alright.” I say before I realize it. “Kenobi? Tachi?” We cringe again and bend over our books. “I want you all to write an essay about the Sith wars and what you think of them.” I pull out a piece of paper and begin to write down my thought. Though, in the back of my mind, all I'm think about is talking to Obi-Wan later. I look up and see Carasui glaring at me. And I know, she is going to make my life a living hell.

4 comments:

  1. "...I know, she is going to make my life a living hell."
    I want to read more- way to hook me into your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have three more parts and more coming. I'll post them.

    ReplyDelete