Sunday, June 17, 2012

Character of the Month: Buffy Summers



Buffy Summers

Okay, I'm thinking of doing a character of the month post thing. ^_^ So this month's is Buffy from Buffy The Vampire Slayer


She is the high school aged Slayer of her time.  (The series begins when she is 16 after all.)
She is the pretty blonde girl who can go down a dark alley, and beat up whatever creepy thing is lurking there.  (I've seen that happen multiple times.)

Watching the first episode, I was really excited, and when I jumped in my seat from a surprising part with a vampire appearing, I starting laughing my head off.  (Which is strange since at the time it was night time and the part was freaky. But it was great!  I didn't even see it coming!)

Part of the reason I like this show, is because it portrays a strong female character (and she is the main character!) This story intertwines mythology, fantasy, and contemporary characteristics, showing normal people put in dangerous fictional situations.  Buffy has saved the world from the apocalypse around three times so far, and if that isn't good enough, I don't know what is.

Another thing that is good about the story, is that Buffy's personality grows throughout the show, and I especially love the mentor/student relationship her and Giles have.  (Giles is the awesome British librarian who is her Watcher.)  At first, it seemed like they only worked together because they had to, but after a while, it just dawned on me that they had a deep bond-one that most stories have a hard time creating.  It was quite a great development. ^_^ Made me happy.

So far I'm on season 4, and it isn't the best.  Season 2 was.  This story is hard to explain, but it is really good!  (If you're okay violence.)

LOL

Hopefully I can do a better job on explaining the next character! ^_^

~Misty

2 comments:

  1. Great character study, I love Buffy(the t.v show and the character)! :D :) I agree, I love Buffy mentor/student relationship with Giles, it's really well done. Season 5, by the way, is a bit better than season 4 :)

    ReplyDelete