Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles!!!

Okay!!! Dessert time!!! ^_^ I'm thinking of posting really good recipes on here that I am obsessed with!! (They will mostly be desserts, breads, chocolate etc...)

Alrighty then! :D

This is what they "look" like.  Sorry for the quality.  This was the first time I made them (Valentine's Day) and they didn't turn out how I make them now days.  (This was a big picture with these off to the side.  Oddly, I didn't take any close ups of it. :/ )  I actually cover them completely with a chocolate coating now because I'm more confident with my tempering skills. ^_^
(I'm not going to post the professional pictures because then mine wont look so good. XD )


Just a warning though. You will burn yourself.  I do every time.  If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.  I'll help if I can. ^_^
With the who chocolate thing, it takes time to learn, and about 50% of the time you have the chance of burning the chocolate.
Be careful to keep the temperature between 115-125 degrees Fahrenheit. But it truly depends on your stove top.
Here is the recipe for those who asked for it!!! :D



Cookie Dough Truffles

Ingredients:
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1½ lb. semisweet (or bittersweet) chocolate, coarsely chopped
Mini chocolate chips (for garnish)

Directions:
Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up enough to form balls.

Shape the chilled cookie dough mixture into 1-1½ inch balls.  Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.  Cover loosely, transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for 1-2 hours.

When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.  Dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and shaking gently to remove the excess.  (If at any point during dipping, the cookie dough balls become too soft, return to the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.)  Transfer to a wax-paper lined surface.  If using mini chocolate chips for garnish, sprinkle on top quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets.  Once all the truffles have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Source: adapted from My Kitchen Cafe, originally from Taste of Home


Also, BE CAREFUL.  This recipe is difficult to follow sometimes.  The 1/2 cup is for the cookie dough part, the 1 1/2 lb is for the coating, and the mini are for garnish.

That is all!

Until Next Time

~Misty

4 comments:

  1. YAY thank you so much for posting this i can't wait to try them yummy. Thanks again I will let you know how they turned out when i make them yay can't wait they look so yummy thanks girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) Your welcome!! :D I can't wait for you to try them! Make sure you post a picture on your blog!!!
    And thanks! I make them way better now. ^_^

    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that looks good. I should make them sometime!
    Keep on posting epic recipies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^_^ Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it! And I will continue posting recipes I find delicious!
    Thanks for commenting!!

    ~Misty

    ReplyDelete